The counseling center provides confidential, professional, short term counseling to currently enrolled students. A counselor is always on call to assist with Crisis situations that require immediate attention during daytime hours of operation.
Counseling and Wellness Document Downloads
Personal Counseling is available for a variety of concerns including:
- Academic and other adjustment problems
- Test anxiety
- Career indecision
- Romantic or other relationship problems
- Grief related to the loss of family member or friend
- Family conflict
- Major-life changes
- Thoughts of suicide
- Alcohol and drug problems
UNT Dallas Wellness Services is the cornerstone of student engagement by engaging students in understanding all aspects of health (i.e. physical, emotional, spiritual, etc.) so that they can develop into holistic citizens of the global community.
UNT Dallas Wellness Services provides an atmosphere which is committed to helping students maintain and enhance all aspects of personal wellness and assist them in making informed decisions that promote a healthy lifestyle.
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE
Sign up now for your UNT Dallas Student Health Insurance through United Healthcare!
Rates, plans and details can be found here: https://untdallas.myahpcare.com/
FREE Online Screening Program for: Depression, Bipolar Illness, General Anxiety, Alcohol/Drug Use, and/or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Substance Abuse Resources
Apps to help!
Resources in Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Dallas Community Mental Health Agencies
National Alliance on Mental Health/Dallas
2812 Swiss Ave Dallas, Texas 75204
North Texas Behavioral Health Authority
South Dallas after-hours clinic is located at 4333 Gannon Lane, Suite 101, Dallas, TX 75237
Hours: M-F 4pm to 10pm and Sundays 2pm to 7pm
Dallas Metro Care
Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center
Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Alcoholics Anonyomous/Narcotics Anonymous Resources
Alcohol-Wise is a nationally recognized alcohol education and prevention program utilized by more than 500 colleges and universities that explores:
- Unrealistic student perceptions about the effects of alcohol
- Personal choices about alcohol consumption and the impact on student success
- Building a healthier UNT Dallas Community
- Making informed decisions to promote personal health and wellness
How does this program help UNT Dallas students?
- Students can access tools and resources to be proactive in the prevention of reaching limits and potential destructive behavior.
- Exploration of program, tools, and resources builds knowledge about alcohol and the potential for alcohol poisoning.