The University of North Texas at Dallas (UNT Dallas) The Presidential Scholars program is a four year academic merit based scholarship for incoming freshman students. In addition to receiving substantial financial support, Presidential Scholars participate in leadership development experiences, community service initiatives and cultural programming. They also serve as the President’s ambassadors for the University.
Presidential Scholars are equipped to be
- Engaged leaders on campus and in the surrounding community.
- Knowledgeable in local, national, and world affairs including, civic engagement, social justice, intellectual innovation and technological based communications.
- Aware of various elements of diversity and their impacts on the cultural, economic, physical, and intellectual issues in society.
- Excited by diverse perspectives and points of view in order to increase their understanding of dialogue and intellectual debate.
Presidential Scholars Program Criteria
The Presidential Scholars program seeks to admit a diverse group of enthusiastic and talented students from various high schools in the Dallas- Fort Worth metropolitan area. While the Presidential Scholars Program values high academic achievement, it is also important that Presidential Scholars are well- rounded individuals who are dedicated to serving their campus and community.
Admissions and Selection Process
1. Students wishing to be considered for the Presidential Scholars Program must first meet all of the University’s general admission requirements.
2. After the Office of Undergraduate Admissions has reviewed their application, the applicant will be notified of their eligibility for the Presidential Scholars Program via e-mail will receive additional information as well as the Presidential Scholars application.
3. Once the Presidential Scholars application is submitted, the selection committee will invite select applicants to attend an on-campus interview. The Presidential Scholars Program’s selection committee, with the endorsement of the President, will then inform the applicants of the results by early spring.
For More Information
Jennifer Skinner, MA
Assistant Dean of Students